Sunday, July 10, 2011

Bransfield: "You can have any other player you want. I'll take Derek Jeter."

Short and sweet from Jim Bransfield on Derek Jeter.
"He is Derek Jeter. You can have any other player you want. I'll take Jeter."
And believe you me, Jim knows his baseball ... especially his Yankees. And this week's portion of "Did You Know," Jim was at both Wells' and Cone's perfect games. WHAT!?!?
"I was in the ballpark for both David Wells' and David Cone's perfect games, I was there for Chris Chambliss' ninth-inning home run that beat the Royals in the 1976 ALCS final game, I was in Yankee Stadium for the World Series clincher over Atlanta in 1999 and over the Phillies in 2009, and I was there when Aaron Boone hit the home run in extra innings to beat the Red Sox in game seven of the ALCS in 2003. That remains the best, most dramatic, most exciting game in any sport I have ever seen. I still get emotional thinking about that magical night in da Bronx."
Holy Pinstripes! Read Jim's full musings here.

P.S. Sorry to Sox fans, but seeing how Jim brought it up...

No comments:

Post a Comment